Why should we build a solar farm in Waroona?
The global transition to renewables is happening and with its sunny plains and windy coastline, Australia is in the box seat to lead the way for clean energy. Closer to home, as coal power generation winds down in across the country, the region has an opportunity to make a new name for itself by welcoming green energy projects.
Taking these factors into account, South Energy came to view Waroona as an ideal solar farm project site, and chose the land for the following reasons:
- The land is flat and does not need clearing
- The site is in a sunny location and is not prone to flooding
- The site is near main roads, lessening the impact on local streets
- An existing high voltage power line is adjacent to the site, enabling seamless connection to the network
- There is enough land to achieve the economies of scale necessary to make the project viable